[Original posted 04/06/2015]
When I was a teenager, I told people that if I had a band, it would sound like Veruca Salt.
"Oh, like a cross between Veruca Salt and... ?"
Some VS memories:
- Buying Eight Arms to Hold You on the strength of Volcano Girls, and not regretting it
- Listening to "She's a Brain" a million times in a row on early online radio
- Watching VS get interviewed on my favourite Muchmusic show, The New Music. The host took Nina and Louise to get manicures and they commented how they couldn't keep their polish up due to playing guitar (cue fan-girling)
- Extra regretting that I wasn't allowed to go to the Bush/Veruca Salt show back in grade 9 (seriously, junior high is the worst), when Nina left the band and the band was maybe breaking up
- Receiving a message back from Louise on MySpace years and year later (I died a little)
- Continuing to buy Louise-fronted VS music, because I still liked it
- More years and years later, being pregnant and googling the word "Veruca" and finding out that it meant "plantar wart" and wouldn't actually make a great name for a baby (Roald Dahl, you sly dog)
Hello world, here comes your girl...
The Museum of Broken Relationships
I don't care...